Wednesday 16 October 2013

Also Representing the US of A: The Entire Twilight Saga (2008-2012)

From http://moviefarm.co.uk/image/2010/04/twilight.jpg

Dirs. Catherine Hardwicke (Twilight), Chris Weitz (New Moon), David Slade (Eclipse), and Bill Condon (Breaking Dawn Part 1 & 2)


To ignore films that are marketed for a female audience would be a hypocritical stance for me. I want to cover anything of interest, and regardless of the gender of the target audience, if its interesting on first glance, I will look into it. And I'm not reviewing this series as a joke entry for this blogathon either, but completely seriously as someone who actually wanted to see this entire series for myself all the way through, revisiting the first three parts, and considering how significant these films are in pop culture. There's more chance of hell freezing than me rewatching Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings films after nearly falling asleep in the first one on a repeat viewing a while back, but this series I had no issues with whatsoever. The results, in one of the longest reviews I've posted for Videotape Swapshop, of watching all five films and developing my thoughts on them were more complicated and interesting than I may have suspected beforehand. Aside from that, said review should speak for itself. Just bear in mind, said review will contain gratuitous references to sparkling vampires.

Review Link - http://www.videotapeswapshop.co.uk/17311/technically-a-twilight-eclipse-2010-review-but-more-about-the-whole-twisted-series/

No comments:

Post a Comment